My little guy was complaining this morning that he felt full, but other than that he was acting normal, so I figured he had just eaten his breakfast too fast. Just over an hour later I was working with a student in a second grade classroom when I happened to look out the doorway of the classroom, which has a view of the nurse's office. Through the window I could see the educational assistant from Little Bud's classroom, and caught a glimpse of my little guy going into the bathroom. He had diarrhea, poor guy. So the aide got his things together and I got mine and home we came. We'll have to go back later to pick up my Little Bug.
All the while I was cleaning him up and getting my things together I was thinking what a blessing it was that I am right there in the school and able to do that. What would happen if I was working at a different school, as might happen next year? I suppose it will be no different from any other working mother, and that we will all get through it, and I don't want to borrow trouble, but I am so glad I was right there when he needed me. The staff at school are so wonderful, and I am blessed to be able to be working there.
Just more things to think about in planning for the future. And now I need to decide how best to use this unexpected day home! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment