For the last week I've been thinking about my little guy and realizing that the questions I had are not really all answered by an ADHD diagnosis. Luckily, it seems the team at the child development center felt the same way. Someone will be coming for a classroom observation tomorrow, and after she reports back to the team, we will decide if we need to go see the developmental pediatrician. So that makes me feel better.
The assignments for case managers for next year in my school have been made, and there are no openings. *sigh*. I am disappointed, because it is a great place to work, and I'd love to do special education there, and under that particular supervisor. My current position will be available to me for next year, and it may be that I will have to take it, but getting a teaching position will certainly pay much more!
We are sort of in a Catch-22 situation. We would be able to afford a bigger house if I get a teaching position, but we won't qualify for the loan if I sign the contract for a job before we get the loan! I know all these little things will work themselves out, but I have a hard time waiting. It could all be a moot point if the house doesn't sell.
I never really thought of myself as a control freak until an evening a couple month (maybe more) ago with Danielle and Janabeth. We were talking in the car on the way home from a girls' night out, as we are wont to do (it almost makes we wish we had longer drives home from wherever we go to eat), and started talking about control freaks. Some comment Janabeth made (and it wasn't an accusation or anything like that!) made me think that perhaps, in a way, I am one. I like things done the way I want them done, I sometimes wonder why people don't do things the way that I do them, and I have a hard time delegating (not that I have to do much of that these days, but still). I have to keep my mouth closed a lot in the 6th grade room because there are ways I would do things if I had my druthers, but it isn't my classroom, and I'm not the one with the elementary certification.
Maybe this is why I have such a hard time with the house being on the market and the job hunt I now have to engage in, and so forth. I'm a control freak. Or maybe not a control freak. A control nut, maybe? Is a nut less obsessive than a freak? And if I am, how do I let go of that and let things happen the way they are supposed to happen? lol. I never thought of myself as particularly impatient, but perhaps I've been kinder to myself than I should have been! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment